The most thrilling, exciting & wonderful thing has happened! I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! Basically this a way for fellow bloggers to show love for other bloggers with new, up-and-coming blogs, like mine. It is an absolute honor to be nominated because to me it means that someone out there finds my blog lovely! And really, can I ask for anything more?! Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU to Angela Eve of My College Odyssey for the nomination! It truly does mean the world, thank you!
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
• Thank the person who nominated you for the award
• Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog
• Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
• Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog
So here goes nothing, seven facts about me!
- I am a huge, HUGE Harry Potter fan. I actually have a Potter themed tattoo on my rib cage. It says Fidelius. 10 House points to whoever can tell me what it means!
- I used to study classical voice in high school and as much as I loved it I was afraid of letting my love of music become work so I decided not to pursue a career in performance, instead I took the administrative route to supporting and growing the arts. Sometimes I wonder what my life would look like if I had chosen the opposite path, but as each day goes by I am confident that this was the right one.
- I love the suburbs. I love the uniformity of similar looking houses and I like the fact that the suburbs are close to the city but there is still space to move around. Cities are crammed, farm lands are too sparse, but suburbs are just right.
- I am embarrassingly proud of the fact that I am a natural blonde. I consider my hair to be one of my best features and I think it quite literally defines who I am as a person.
- My favourite food is popcorn. I could eat popcorn all day, everyday. It can be salty, it can be sweet, the possibilities are endless. And it’s something that I can actually make!
- My dad and I share the same birthday! I was born in the evening of his 30th Birthday. How is that for the best birthday present ever?!
- I love having a blog because it gives me a space to share my wildest, random thoughts but it also makes me feel connected to a larger community.
Nominations! I think the following blogs are lovely and I nominate each of these bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award: